Monday, November 10, 2014

Welcome to Whatever, USA

I am beyond excited to share this amazing experience with you today. A few months ago I got the call that I was going to be going to Whatever, USA!


Okay, let's back up, maybe you are not aware of what this is. This was a huge promotional effort for Bud light to fly 1,000 fans that were "Up for Whatever" to an undisclosed location for a weekend get away.

In order to do this you had to tryout. Meaning either you sent in a video or with a local Bud Light representative. You were asked a random question and you had ten seconds to answer. I was out for a friend's birthday that night so the Bud Light rep told us all that we should do it, and good thing we listened! My question was, "How would your friends describe you in 3 words?" I laughed, got my constellation prize and walked away thinking how cool it would be for the people that got to go.

I got the call on a Wednesday and had three hours to respond if I wanted to go. Really you guys, I do not win anything, but I WON! I was allowed one guest and everything included was to be paid for. Keep in mind that this trip that same weekend, as in it's Wednesday and we would leave Friday. Woah. Called my parents, and they thought I was absolutely crazy. So here me and my best friend Katie sit in our living room, we finally looked at each other and said, "Yup, let's do it!"

Over the next couple days the excitement was unbearable. The day finally came, waking up at 3:00 in the morning so we could get to the airport in time. We got on the plan and we were off! By this time we had realized where we were going, Crested Butte Colorado, a cute, little ski town. The plane ride there was a lot of fun, the whole plane was filled with Bud Light Whatever USA people and you could feel the excitement.

When we got there we got bused on Bud Light buses to our hotel ski lodges that we would be staying. They were so nice, and equipped with ice cold Bud Light when we got there :)

We got to see a bunch of amazing concerts: Vanilla Ice, Lil John, K.C. and the Sunshine Band, DJ Alesso, Nico & Vinz, and Charlie XCX. These were all so awesome, and we had a great time watching them all perform!

Everything started with a parade, funny this was.. We were the parade! The locals lined the sides of the road to see us walk in and welcome us. There were so many activities that we could do, bacon appreciation, cupcake tasting, oxygen bar, we had our own beach for sand volleyball, drag races, Beer Academy, anything you could want, they had it. We also could go into any of the local restaurant and order food and a Bud Light. Oh ya, and everything was free!

Not only did we get a free trip, but we got a bunch of free merchandise. We didn't leave Whatever USA empty handed we left with a Bud Light sweatshirt, bag, blanket, a hat, coozie, anything we could smash in our suitcase.

I can't imagine how long it took them to plan this, they literally had everything planned out. Anywhere you looked it either had a Bud Light logo on it or it was blue, representing Bud Light. The main street was even painted blue!!

I think this is a really good subject for me to talk about because brand loyalty, I know that it worked on me! Whenever I look at my choices of beer, I see the Bud Light and instantly think of that awesome weekend I had in Whatever with my best friend and many other friends we made there. And I don't think I am alone here.


 
It also had to have given Bud Light a huge social media boost, because it got everyone talking about it. And you know all the people that were there went home to tell countless stories to their friends and family. Also, Bud Light will be using some of the footage to make commercial, for even the super bowl, because Bud Light is the perfect beer for "Whatever" happens.




I had a fantastic weekend in Whatever USA and would go back in a heartbeat. It was a weekend full of great friends, and some great beer. Thanks Bud Light for an unforgettable weekend!


So make sure when you see a Bud light commercial to look for me! I am pretty much famous.


Until next time my friends..

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing experience to share with a close friend! I love your blogs, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete